the results are in and “dog” gone it, disney’s beverly hills chihuahua took the top spot at the box office this weekend earning a whopping $29 million!
the top 10 box office films were:
- beverly hills chihuahua – $29 million
- eagle eye – $17.7 million
- nick and nora’s infinite playlist – $12 million
- nights in rodanthe – $7.4 million
- appaloosa – $5 million
- lakeview terrace – $4.5 million
- burn after reading – $4.1 million
- fireproof – $4.07 million
- an american carol – $3.8 million
- religulous – $3.5 million
this live-action chihuahua comedy opened in 3,215 theaters nation-wide. the film was originally expected to gross $20 to $25 million, but it ended up being the most successful october debut of any disney picture.
beverly hills chihuahua features an all-star lineup of latino voice actors that includes andy garcia, george lopez, edward james olmos, paul rodriguez, cheech marin and luis guzman. radio personality piolín and opera star plácido domingo are also a part of the production
source: latimes.com/entertainment/news/follow famous chihuahua®